my favourite sentences...


You can hide memory, but you can't erase the history that produced them.

It was sad to see what used to be so fundamental to our lives fade away and disappear in front of our own eyes.

Words don't come out when you're deeply hurt. That's why people keep silent and give no explanation. Yet, Murakami once wrote in his novel, 1Q84, "If you can't understand without an explanation, you can't understand with an explanation." Sometimes, people tend to not wanting to understand things instead of wanting to understand things. In short, they tend to ignore the possibility of trying to understand things.

do you know what makes life interesting?
--> it's interesting because we don't know what the future holds for us. don't blame the fate. we decide our fate, it's our choice. we can't choose where to be born, but we can certainly choose the way we live our life...

the life is yours, why bother asking other people to paint it for you?...

when we're small our word has never been counted; when we're big every word has always been counted...

i may not be able to wait thirteen months for you, nor until you are twenty-five, but i can wait for you a lifetime -- Under the Hawthorn Tree by Ai Mi

waiting, though one minute, it's still unbearable...

death doesn't mean that we are no longer existing. death just means a move to another world...

why can parents wholeheartedly sacrifice everything for the happiness of their children, even their life? but why can't their children, whom they give birth to, do the same thing to them? what power is it that encourages them to do so?....

the thing i'm most afraid of is ME. of not knowing what i'm going to do. of not knowing what i'm doing right now.

people always meet new friends. but they should not forget their old friends. because without your old friends we don't have a chance to meet new friends. the memories with our friends will be there forever in our brain. we can't omit it though time passes.

Monday, January 1, 2024

The First Morning of the New Year

What did you think about in the first morning of the new year?


It was the first day of the new year. The wind was a bit chilly but bearable. The sun shied away from the earth, poking half of her face. The sunlight was not as strong as its full force.


This morning was quiet. There was less traffic on the road. Perhaps, people were still in bed as they had stayed late last night for countdown. I was woken up from my sleep when people shouted, "happy New Year!" and the sound of fireworks outside my room. Hmmm, I did not plan to celebrate this. I wished myself a few new year wishes and went back to bed.  


I roamed the normal path to my parents' house. I did not think about anything in particular. I did not know what to think. Maybe, I lost the ability to think.


Random thoughts popped up in my head, but please do not ask me what they were. They were just random thoughts and nothing worth mentioning. Now, you insisted. Let me share with you some.


I thought if my motorbike was broken. I thought if I lost the balance. I thought if I was going to fall down. I thought about my plants at the office if someone helped me water them. I thought about going back to the office and what I should focus on first thing in the morning. I thought about buying coffee powder for I had finished it this morning. I thought about, again, nothing particularly important.


A boring new year morning, isn't it! Happy New Year, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I am very keen to know what did you wish for before you went to bed or before the old year ended up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for asking. I wished that my dreams will come true one by one :P

      Delete